Comfortably laying in the north-western part of Europe, the British Isles are a group of Isles consisting of:
- Great Britain
- the Isle of Man
- the Inner and Outer Hebrides
- the Northern Isles
- and over six thousand smaller islands
It is a place of magic and legends, of the descendants of the Celts and Scots and the creators of fairy tales and myths. A land of mystical creatures but also farm animals, where chicken outnumber the human population in England and there are more sheep in Wales and Ireland than people.
It’s a place where people drink more than 165 million cups of tea per day, where one of the national dishes, Haggis, consists of minced heart, liver, and lungs cooked in a sheep intestine while the other, Chicken Tikka Masala, is actually an Indian delicacy.
The British Isles include:
- Ireland with its 20 thousand castles and ruins.
- Scotland with its 790 islands and a unicorn as national animal.
- Wales with the most castles per square mile.
- Northern Ireland where many scenes from Game of Thrones where filmed.
- And England, where you can consume alcohol in private settings from the age of 5 years old, but where it’s illegal to get drunk in pubs.